Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A second life?


I stumbled across a sentence mentioning that reading a book is like leading a second life, I couldn't but to agree with this saying, I nodded and thought 'Completely!'! I believe that while reading, (of course if the book is well-written and captivating) you are thrown to the lives of the characters being able to live the story with them and experience whatever they might.
But the question that has immediately popped in my brain was: 'Could I ever say it's a top secret life? A kind of life I want to keep for myself?' because hey, isn't what a Second Life is all about?

For me reading is not perfect without being able to annoy my little sister with the plot (Hey, isn't that the job of a little sister?!) When I'm excited with a book, or if I'm simply reading, everyone in the house knows that. Without paying attention I would tell my Mom what book I'm reading and what it talks about, my dad would sneak to my room and check what book is laying besides my bed. Actually, sometimes I read out loud for my sister who can't manage to hold a book because she's too lazy.

Reading a book is comparable with having a second life. For me, it's a life I love to share with my family, friends and Internet fellows. It's a life full of adventures and excitement I wouldn't dare to give up.


Tatiana And Alexander; hold still, I'll be coming very soon!
See you soon,
~Khulood.

2 comments:

  1. It is so wonderful to find such an enthusiastic reader among the youth. I have 4 children between 23 and 10, some of them are readers like me, some a bit less. My husband and I love to read and like you I immerse myself completely in the stories and live within the pages. It's addictive, right?
    I have been writing my blog for almost a year now and have spoken of many books which have captivated me over the years. I am happy to follow your progress and let's chat about your impressions. You will have a wonderful journey through the world of books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for following me!
    I find it a shame that nowadays, books are not appreciated as they should have been, so I'm always enthusiastic to come across addicted readers such as myself. I think ones that chose to skip reading will miss incomparable experiences they won't experience anywhere else!

    I'm goin to check out you blog.

    ReplyDelete