Wednesday, January 27, 2010

New book; The Da Vinci Code - Dan Brown


This book has been standing on my bookshelf for over a year, between The Kite Runner by Khalid Husseini and Prep, by Curtis Sittinfeld, I got it from a relative who highly recommended this book to me; The Da Vinci Code. I started reading it last year, and stopped. Then I tried again and yes, I stopped once again. I can't explain why this book has managed to turn me off each time I tried to start reading it. However, yesterday I wanted to give it another try, just to say 'I have at least tried!' and so I began reading it and surprisingly, found out that it wasn't the book, it was me. Definitely me, because now I can't let this book down.

I have read over than one hundred pages in less than a day, and I can't let go of it! I've sunk so deep down in the mystery surrounding this book and it's plot I can't rise my eyes from it's pages. I'm lucky I had to "teach" for two hours because if I didn't, I wouldn't have stopped reading (I give private lessons for some pupils that need some help with their homework, or ones that only need some reassurance).
Anyhow, I'm quite sure the reason for my addiction is the plot rather than the characters, unlike The Bronze Horseman, in The Da Vince Code I still didn't get so much attached to the characters, for me they are no more than some mannequins for the author so the plot could advance. Nevertheless, the story is so stunning and thrilling you can't manage to leave the book.

Have you read the book? What do you think of it?

See you soon, keep on reading!
Khulood~

2 comments:

  1. though I love reading, I could not start reading this book. maybe because i have the translated version and may be because I have an electronic one - not even was interested to watch the movie.
    since you started reading it and canot get off it < i feel encouraged to try reading it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I see.
    I don't like reading translated versions of books; I feel I might miss something important.
    You should feel encouraged, especially if you love mystery and thrillers.

    ReplyDelete