Sunday, February 21, 2010

Could it be, could it be?!

OH! Yes! It could!!!
I have found it, and guess where? At that store I first bought The Bronze Horseman! I wonder why I didn't check there from the start...
I couldn't stop reading all the way from the mall and so I managed to get a headache despite this perfect sunny cool day.
I want to share something with you, a quote so beautifully heartbreaking from the very first ten pages of the book:
"Tatiana struggled up from the bench. Walking away, she said in Russian, "It's not the ice anymore, my seagoing philosopher. It's the pyre"

I don't know why I end up almost crying every time I read this sentence.
Anyhow, I just thought I should share this great news with you, who had suffered my bitterness throughout the past couple posts.

Have a good time reading, I know I will!
Love, love and love,
Khulood

4 comments:

  1. That quote is beautiful! I'll have to look for the book.

    I've read quite a few of the books on your bookshelf and they are winners!

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you should definitely check the book out! It's amazing!

    Tell me about it! I can't wait to read the ones I haven't and buy others!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you found it after all!
    Isn't it wonderful to be so engrossed in a book?

    XX
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad too!
    It's one of the things I enjoy the most!

    XX
    Khulood

    ReplyDelete