Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Well, I guess it's an addiction after all.

Hello there! It has been few weeks since my last post. I've missed you!

So I know, in my "currently reading" it says that I'm so fully immersed in Wuthering Heights, living the lives of Cathy and Heathcliff, struggling with their difficulties and biting my lower lip over their unbelievable passion...
But yeah. It's not so precise after all.
My addiction has managed to pull me out of the book and make me tiptoe to my bookshelf in the middle of the night, to make sure no one was looking and to take hold of my Bronze Horseman copy and turn the first page. For what harm could it make?! I will only read two-three pages of the book, just a glimpse, so naively I thought a week and half ago to myself.
For an instant in eternity I forgot about my sick obsession over the books of Paullina Simons. And an instant was what it took for me to be locked once again in the pages of my favorite book. It is so wonderful, that I have managed to find a book that will keep me interested, even throughout my fourth reread. It's so wonderful and yet dangerous! The comfort I find in this book will always make me unable to find myself in the pages of another.
Sometimes, women are obsessively drawn to a dangerous man, and despite knowing they should move on, they keep coming back to him. The Bronze Horseman is this man for me!
Yeah, The Bronze Horseman isn't dangerous, but... I hope you got my point.

Maybe I don't get the whole point of a "books blog", shouldn't I be doing posts about various books? Not just one book? Shouldn't I be always on the search for new books, new authors?
But here I am, STUCK in this bubble that is The Bronze Horseman trilogy and Paullina Simons.
Oh yeah, in case you are interested, I've finished the first book in the trilogy and have moved to the second one. Tatiana And Alexander. I seriously could eat this book whole. What is in this book that is so engrossing? I keep asking myself, although I know the answer for that question. I know it for a fact. It is the Alexander before Tatiana, I have never in my life been so interested in a character like I am in Alexander.
And this forever young Alexander is turning 91 this weekend. on May 29th.


I guess that's it for now,
Have a great day, keep on reading.
Khulood

5 comments:

  1. Oh Khulood, this is such a wonderful post.

    I was smiling all the way through reading it. I love it, too - but fourth re-read?! you're a little crazy (in a positive way).

    I think it is a wonderful post to show how magical this book is. It's better than every other review. The person who doesn't want to read TBH after this is just not normal ;).

    Shall we make an "Alexander's birthday celebration" on May, 29th on Facebook? By the way: where did you find the date? I'm quite certain it's somewhere in the book, but I didn't reach your level yet, master *bow*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ho-Ho! Welcome to my blog!
    Thank you for your comment, it has brought an ear-to-ear smile on my face!

    Oh, I do admit I'm a little crazy, once I'm hooked by something I give it everything I have and the crazy fan girl in me pops out of no where.

    I hope this post brings people to buy this book and read it. It will warm my heart because it means people will be thanking the Lord for reading this book. I know I do it daily. :)

    Oh! That would be so great! I think this day needs be celebrated ;)
    Remember in the last pages of The Bronze Horseman, when Tania is pregnant in Stockholm? It was mentioned there Tania and Alexander have planned to celebrate his 24th birthday there while waiting for his U.S documents. Page 632 (in my Paperback) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've created an event on Facebook :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, just stumbled across your blog! I love it! I live in DC and stumbled across the Bronze Horseman after I was done with amazing Outlander and never thought i would love it as much as I did. I actually bought the Summer garden on EBay from the UK and read it way too fast :-((( and now all I have left are re-reads and daydreams!
    Thanks for bringing a huge smile to my face! I will definitely keep reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've only just started reading the Bronze Horseman for the first time and I have truly never been so engrossed in a work of literature as I have been with the book. For many years, I had a preference for fantasy novels were the protagonist was always a good looking, perfect man with amazing powers-a fallen angel, a vampire, a werewolf... But when I started reading this book, all those other fantasy novels seemed trivial. This is a real LOVE story. It's intense. Both Tatiana and Alexander aren't perfect-they have imperfections and real life problems. And despite the immediacy and the horror of the war that storms through Russia, there love blooms. Even when they're with each other only for a few moments, they (and I) forget about the war and the other troubles that are constantly embedded in life. They're not perfect, but they're perfect for each other. Not even half-way through the book, but I am already in love!

    ReplyDelete