Thursday, April 8, 2010

A new series

Hey guys, I hope you're doing just great!

Do you like it when you have no spare time whatsoever? I recently found out I don't, I hate always having to think of so many things, never finding an hour to read... It's frustrating!
This week I wasn't able to read as much as I would have liked to, but I guess it's just a period that will eventually end. No?

And for this post's topic: Outlander!!!
It's funny how you can accidentally be introduced to a book that will later on capture you and have you thinking about it every waking moment of your day. That's what happened to me, though I wasn't introduced to Outlander by an accident, that I must admit, for I've been waiting for this book ever since I turned the last page of The Summer Garden (The third book in The Bronze Horseman trilogy). So much I thought and wondered whether I will find a book or a series that is as engrossing and heart-wrenching as TBH. I guess I finally found it.
It was beautifully engraved in the pages of one of the longest (Not one of, but the longest) books I've read.
I'm still stuck in the first book (No time to read this week :( ) but I bought the second and the fourth book yesterday (Remember I bought the first and the third about two weeks ago?)

I owe finding about this book to TBH threads on Goodreads, I guess it's very common to be a bit depressed after finishing TBH trilogy, simply because you just know, that it might take a long time before you put your hands on a book that is close to making you feel what TBH so beautifully succeeded in. So one of the topics on the threads was books similar to TBH, there I found out about Outlander and Jamie Fraser who so miraculously manages to keep Shura away from my mind while reading this book, a thing other books have failed so miserably in.

So I fell in love with Outlander, and I can't wait to read the rest of the-very long-series!
Have a beautiful day, and a great read.
Love,
Khulood

2 comments:

  1. I will have to check this book! And I am sure you will find time to read again!

    XX
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made me really curious - if you say something is able to compete with Shura and TBH, it's just gotta be good! Do you have some story summary?

    ReplyDelete