Wednesday, March 17, 2010

New books!

Hello:)
I just got back from my book shopping!
No matter how much I try to convince myself to settle with 2 books I end up buying 4 or more, never seriously considering the fact that I can't really afford buying so much books. (Nor that I actually ran out of shelves!)
I left the house today planning to buy one art\design book and one Fiction novel, the costs of the art books were outrageous so I didn't buy any, however, my eyes landed on a book named "Outlander" which is a book I'm dying to read because many TBH lovers recommended this book to me, I bought the first and the third books in the series (Yeah, I know, why didn't I buy the second one, I'm stupid that's why) And so I began buying more and more books.

The books from bottom to up:
The Girl In Times Square - Paullina Simons. I've set a goal to myself to read as many books by PS as I possibly can, I adore her writing, and I really look forward to reading this book, hoping I'd love it as much as I loved TBH (I'd settle with half... really!)

Outlander & Voyager - Diana Gabaldon. The back covers promise me a great read, and the cover is quite striking! Very much excited to read this series.

Wuthering Heights - Emily Bronte. God only knows how much I've been craving to read this one, it sounds so amazing I can't wait to read it!!!

Dear John - Nicholas Sparks. I didn't buy it today actually, but I've figured I could mention it. I started reading it and I stopped because I wanted to read The Bronze Horseman once again (OK, you can shoot me!) and I'm aiming to come back to it later, frankly it's not that interesting, and NS does follow a certain pattern that I've experienced not once but twice. Hopefully I'll get more attached to the book soon.

This is what I got today, I hope I'll find these books enjoyable to read!
Have a great day!
Khulood

2 comments:

  1. Uhh, I know, it's quite addictive and I often go after dinner and visit my incredibly comfortble Barnes & Nobles store, and sit with a tea and look through some books and start reading this and that, to make sure I really want to buy the book. I can not justify a lot of book shopping, it's too expensive and we need food on the table, right? And summer vacation and a new bathroom, and the garden needs fixing and I haven't gotten any shoes for spring....and the kids have birthdays and parties and...well, you get the picture!!!
    :D

    Happy weekend!

    You know, I always play the game: I could take all these things and then I start selecting what I r e a l l y need. The pile of everything gets immidiatly smaller and smaller!

    Kiss!
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... I guess I'm lucky I don't need to take into consideration all those factors...

    Oh I've tried this game, but there's so many books I NEED to read and so little time, (and so low income :( )

    Have a wonderful week!
    Khulood

    ReplyDelete